Friday, October 28, 2016

Fang-tastic experience at LEGOLAND’s Halloween Brick-or-Treat Party Nights

Pixs by Laura Lee and Anthony Tan
LEGOLAND staff led by its interim general manager Young Pil Kim (in yellow tee) showing the LEGOLAND hand sign with the kids.
 
It’s my first time joining LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort’s Halloween Brick-or-Treat Party Nights. Started since 16 September this year, this event is held every Friday-Saturday until 29 October, which happens to be Deepavali.
We drove from Kuala Lumpur to Iskandar Puteri, Johor on 23 Sept and arrived slightly past 3pm. After checking in our luggage at LEGOLAND Hotel, we headed for LEGO Kingdom located inside its theme park where the event is held.
To find your way to LEGO Kingdom, follow these purple footprints

The event venue was decorated in Halloween theme. There were lots of pumpkins around the place and where the food is displayed. Placed on our round table where I’m having my food are cotton wool that reminds me of cob webs.

Since we missed our lunch at Market Restaurant, one of the food and beverage outlets inside the theme park, we welcome the spread at the event venue. The chefs were quite creative in decorating the food based on the Halloween theme.

Brushing my reservations aside, I tried the green looking witch finger pretzel pods but found the bread crust inside had softened.
With the speeches over, we waited anxiously for the announcement of the shortlisted candidates for the children’s best dress costume contest.
I was elated when my friend Nannie Isa’s daughter dressed like a pontianak won. I had expected her son in Manchu attire and hopping like a ghost to bag a prize too but he didn’t.
To me, the interactive Halloween Show with LEGO Frankenstein and Witch ain’t that “terror-rific.” Perhaps it’s because I’m a jaded old journalist. Anyway, such shows and the many Halloween themed activities that have been organised are meant more for the kids.

For the Brick-or-Treat this year, there are 10 pop-up huts where the kids can collect goodies from the various sponsors such as MILO, Staedler, Julie’s, Haribo and Ribena, Canon. Wish I was a kid once again when I saw what Phil’s daughter had collected.

I quite enjoy the Monster March at the start of the Party. They were playing Michael Jackson’s Thriller.
I met up with some of the characters in the Monster March when I made my out of the theme park later. I decided to join them and scare some of the people in the outdoor theme park.
During the Brick-or-Treat Party Nights, the park hours is extended to 8.30pm. Kids who come in a costume enter for free. Tomorrow is your last chance to do so!

I had wanted to don my witch hat but couldn't find it the whole nite before we set off for the trip. Ugh!
 
Visit www.LEGOLAND.my for more details.

 

2 comments:

  1. yeah fun time there. Love Legoland place for adults and kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ill prepared to bring kids for this trip. Will know better the next time.

    ReplyDelete